NEVADA FOCUS: Blogs, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events
Dina Titus is running for the NV-3 Congressional district against a typical right wing Bush supporter. Dina has represented the people of Senate District 7 in the Nevada Legislature since 1988, serving as the Democratic Minority Leader from 1993 – May 2008.
Dina Titus WON!
Jill Derby is running for the NV-2 Congressional District.
Jill Derby lost.
Here are two candidates endorsed by the Indigenous Democratic Network in Nevada:
Assemblyman John Oceguera
Candidate for Nevada State Assembly, Assembly District 16
Enrolled Member of the Walker River Paiute Tribe
Assemblyman John Oceguera won re-election.
Candidate for Washoe County School Board A, Washoe County, Nevada
Enrolled Member of Walker River Paiute Tribe
Celana Wasson lost
My Silver State: Where Progressive Nevadans Unite
Blue Sage Views
Some Stories of interest:
“240,000 jobs lost in October” This is a big reason why Democrats won.
Obama's Economic Recovery Plan for the Middle Class
Democratic Meetups in Nevada:
Las Vegas Democratic Party Meetup Group A large and active group organizing Las vegas.
Southern Nevada Stonewall Democratic Club
P O Box 72858
Las Vegas, Nevada 89170-2858
Here are some Democracy for America groups in Nevada for those who want People Powered Politics:
Las Vegas Democracy For America: Las Vegas Democracy For America is working to build our membership, register new voters, work to see our votes are protected and help elect Progressive Democrats at every level.
Our goal is to create a vibrant, unified Democratic Party in our counties and state. In addition work with other states to promote unity and take back our country in 2008. Sign up here to help.
DFA Reno/Democracy for Nevada: We are the Northern Nevada non-campus DFA affiliate Sign up here for more info.
Henderson NV Democracy For America: Henderson NV & Las Vegas Democracy For America are working to build our membership, register new voters, work to see our votes are protected and help elect Progressive Democrats at every level. Sign up here for more info.
Alternative Energy in Nevada:
Las Vegas Alternative Energy Group: Whether you want to inform yourself or are a Pro, Discuss various forms of energy procuration, why it makes sense for the community, the world and, of course, your pocket book!
A Greener Las Vegas: Green Home, Housing, Home Remodeling, New Urbanism & Sustainable Development
And for those who like to combine social events with politics, here are the Drinking Liberally groups in Nevada:
Boulder City, Nevada
* Last Friday of each month, 6:00 pm onward
* Boulder Dam Brewing, 453 Nevada Hwy
* Hosted by Valerie McNay, Lynn Goya, Dave Kreamer and Matt Di Teresa, bouldercity (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Third Thursday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* Truck Inn, (upper level of restaurant)
* Hosted by Joe Slabbinck and Robert Gleason, fernley (at) drinkingliberally.org
Northwest Las Vegas
* Every Thursday, 6:30 pm onward
* Tenaya Creek Restaurant & Brewery, 3101 N. Tenaya Way
* Hosted by Betsy Meinhold, lasvegas (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every Tuesday, 7:00 pm onward
* The Gin Mill, 2561 Windmill Parkway (SE corner Windmill Parkway & Pecos)
* Hosted by David Black-Downes and Karen Kostoff, henderson (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Second Wednesday of each month, 6:00 pm
* Sage Creek Grill, 5851 S Virginia St (next to Wild Oats)
* Hosted by Kevin and Allison Edwards