OHIO FOCUS: Blogs, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events
Candidate for State Representative - District 16 (Incumbent)
Bay Village, Rocky River, North Olmstead, Fairview Park
Jennifer Brady lost.
Candidate for State Representative - District 18 (Open Seat)
Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township, Berea, Strongsville, and North Royalton
Matt Patten WON!
Ohio Daily Blog: a community forum for news and commentary about Ohio politics and public affairs.
Progress Ohio is an excellent source of Ohio news and politics
Buckeye State Blog is another source of Ohio news and politics
Stubborn Liberal: These are the rants and raves of a stubborn-headed midwestern liberal. My goals are to speak my mind and educate others about some of the events in our world.
Ohio Clean Energy News: recent stories on alternative energy in Ohio
Some Stories of Interest:
Secretary Brunner Announces Ohio Election Summit
OH-15: Kilroy Says Election Not Over and She Will Win
Ohio House Update
Family Values: Obama Starts Day With Parent-Teacher Conference
Cincinnati's Historic Findlay Market Goes Solar
Obama's Economic Recovery Plan for the Middle Class
GOP Withdraws Lawsuit Against Brunner. Never should have been filed in the first place! Waste of money and time in an effort to disenfranchise voters. Disgusting. So, their frivolous lawsuits failing, they resort to even MORE disgusting tactics: Republicans Deploy Domestic Terrorism Against Ohio Secy of State
OH Attorney General- Cordray rocks
Oppenheimer Analyst: Obama Energy Plan Could Halve Gas Prices
Alternative Energy in Ohio:
Cincinnati Alternative Energy Meetup
Meet other local individuals interested in exploring all forms of Alternative Energy. Discuss ways to preserve the world's resources and protect the environment! Go here for more info.
November 6, Evening Southwest Ohio Clean Energy Network Meeting. Location: Cincinnati State Technical College. 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223. Contact: James Kinsman solarperiod_at_mac.com
Here are some Drinking Liberally Groups in Ohio:
* Every Tuesday, 7:30 pm onward
* Odd Tuesdays: Fries Cafe, 3247 Jefferson Ave
* Even Tuesdays: The Pub at Rookwood Mews, 2692 Madison Rd
* Hosted by Adam Bartel and Cheryl Crowe, cincinnati (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every Sunday, 6:00 pm
* Sullivans Irish Pub, 13368 Madison Ave, Lakewood (Great food and lots of irish brews on tap)
* Visit www.sullivansirishpub.net for more info on the venue
* Hosted by Judy Novak, cleveland (at) drinkingliberally.org
* First Thursday of each month, 6:30 pm
* Byrnes Pub, 1248 W 3rd Ave
* Hosted by Jocelyn Krosky and Roger Denick, columbus (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Second Wednesday of each month, 7:30 pm
* The Oregon Express, 336 E 5th St
* Hosted by Cari Kimmel, dayton (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every Wednesday, 7:30 pm
* Manhattan's, 1516 Adams St (Downtown Toledo; on Adams across the street from Adams Laundry)
* Come and drink like a libreral at Manhattan's. We'll be talking politics, drowning our sorrows,
* and making alchohol-fueled plans for America's future.
* Hosted by Rebecca Golden, toledo (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every other Wednesday, 8:00 pm
* The Village Idiot, 309 Conant St
* Hosted by Lori Wampler, Ken Stout and Leanne Kulzac, maumee (at) drinkingliberally.org