.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, September 02, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 85: THOUGHTS

    I am still too focused on local primaries to get too much done with this newsletter. But I will continue to try and get out some brief articles or at least links to important issues.

    I think the main issue I want to discuss this week is the fact that I think our chances of winning back Congress in 2006 are starting to slip. This is to be expected because as time goes on the Republicans are going to get nastier and nastier in their desperate attempt to hold on to power. We really have to keep pushing if we want to win.

    With that in mind, I want to focus on my overall fundraising efforts which had languished for awhile, but is starting to pick up thanks to a handful of readers. So let's keep it up. Some money now can go a long way to winning in November!

    On the volunteering front, remember that your local involvement can make a HUGE difference. Wherever you are, GET LOCAL with Democracy for America or with the Democratic Party. If there isn't a group near you, get a few friends together and start one. Joy and I have been making many good friendships through out local efforts including with our neighbors and with our local politicians.

    If you can't donate, volunteer. If you can't volunteer, donate. If you can, do both. Enough activism from readers of this newsletter alone could affect key races in New York, New Jersey and Virginia. Karl Rove and Dick Cheney are working hard to maintain their hold on America. We have to work just as hard.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home