NEW JERSEY FOCUS: Blogs, Blue Jersey Radio, Groups and Events
Here are some stories of interest:
Racism in Warren County: I always say racism is for LOSERS!
Which direction for equality? Hate Amendments plague the nation.
Corzine says N.J. intends to triple wind-power goals. This is good for creating jobs AND for energy independence AND for the environment.
NEW JERSEY BLOGGING: Blue Jersey is a great source for the latest in New Jersey politics.
LatinosNJ.com – a website designed for and about New Jersey Latinos who number almost 1.5 million – provides the latest news and issues, and features blogs and columns from Latino leaders and experts in various fields such as health, education, business, and immigration.
Green Jersey is an environmental news blog that’s based in, and all about, New Jersey. Its blogger-editor is Jennifer Weiss, a New Jersey-based journalist.
Every Saturday Morning: Blue Jersey Radio
Saturdays 10:30 - 11:00
Listen Live every Saturday morning from 10:30a-11:00a - or download the podcast anytime to listen to the latest hot topics, gossip and opinion on New Jersey politics with hosts Jeff Gardner and Jay Lassiter.
Click here to listen!
Alternative energy in New Jersey:
The Newark Alternative Energy Meetup Group
Meet other local individuals interested in exploring all forms of Alternative Energy. Discuss ways to preserve the world's resources and protect the environment!
In Addition, you will receive informative newsletters that are chock full of Alternative Energy news from around the country. For more info go here.
Alternative Energy Resources in New Jersey: a short summary of alternative energy resources for New Jersey. For more information on each technology, visit the State Energy Alternatives Technology Options page.
New Jersey for Democracy:
Here are the local Democracy for America groups in New Jersey:
North Jersey -
Ethical Culture Society
687 Larch Ave
Teaneck, NJ 07666
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/bergen
Cryan's Beef & Ale House
24 First Street
South Orange, NJ 07079
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/essex
The Hard Grove Cafe
319 Grove St.
Jersey City, NJ 07302
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/hudson
(First Wednesday of the Month, 7:30pm)
Morris County Democratic Headquarters
11 Washington St
Morristown, NJ 07960
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/morris
Puzo's Restaurant (Upstairs)
4 Garfield Ave.
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/passaic
(First Thursday of the Month)
Rockin Joe Cafe
20 Prospect Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
RSVP at Union Meetup
MS Health Software Corp
605 Grand Ave.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/nwnj
Central Jersey -
Friendly Grounds Coffee
36 Mine St.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/hunterdon
Carl A Fields Center
86 Olden Street
(Corner of Olden St and Prospect Ave on Princeton Univ campus)
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/mercercounty
(please check DFA-Link for schedule)
1551 Route 1 South
Edison, NJ 08837
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/middlesexNJ
107 Oakland St. (at the train station at Bridge Ave.)
Red Bank, NJ
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/monmouth
Somerset County Complex
40 North Bridge St. (off of High)
RSVP at Somerset Meetup
(Second or Third Tuesday of the Month)
South Jersey -
Haddon Township Library
15 MacArthur Blvd
Westmont, NJ 08108
RSVP at Progressive Democracy South Jersey
4th Tues. of month
RSVP at Democracy for Gloucester County
(Please check DFA-Link for date & location)
Joshua Huddy Brew Pub and Grill
1250 Hooper Ave.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/oceancounty
(First Tuesday of the Month)
Groups and Events:
Cape May County Federation of Democratic Women Meeting
Sam DiVico Senior Center
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Join the Cape May County Federation of Democratic Women to discuss important local, state and federal issues. All are encouraged to join!
2nd Thursday of every month.
Sam DiVico Senior Center
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
For more information, please contact:
PFLAG of North Jersey: Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays of North Jersey is a group of people who meet regularly in the South Orange area and are dedicated to providing support, education, and advocacy to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people, their families and their friends. Meetings are 2nd Sunday of Every Month. Our regular meeting is from 2:30 to approximately 4:15. Newcomer's meet from 1:30 to 2:30 in a smaller, more informal setting. For more info contact: Helpline: 973-267-8414 or
For the more social and fun-oriented (and booze oriented), there's Drinking Liberally. Here are the New Jersey Drinking Liberally Chapters:
Hillsborough, New Jersey
* Second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 8:00 pm onward
* Petrock's Bar and Grill, 419 Amwell Rd (at Amwell and 206)
* Hosted by Matthew Dawson, hillsborough (at) drinkingliberally.org
Montclair, New Jersey
* Second Thursday of each month, 7:30 pm onward
* Just Jake's, 30 Park Street (b/t Bloomfield & Claremont)
* We meet in the REAR DINING ROOM. Turn left after entering, go past the juke box, bar and W.C.
* Ample parking in municipal lot next to Just Jake's (free after 7 pm)
* ** Mtclair DL ON THE ROAD, TUES, NOV 13, from 8PM at PAUL'S BAR & BOWLING, 377 CROOKS AVE, PATERSON, NJ (973) 278-1982 http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10780514 **THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL MEETING, WE STILL HAVE OUR USUAL 2nd THURSDAY
* Hosted by Kevin Kelly and Dan Evans Farkas, montclair (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Third Thursday of each month, 8:00 pm onwards
* Hennessey's Tavern, 140 Morris St (Corner of Elm & Morris, next to the train station)
* There's plenty of public parking behind train station or on Elm Street.
* Come on by & raise a pint with other fun loving local progressive's! Hope to see you there...
* Hosted by Jim Long, Chip Robinson, David Cochran and Linda Humphries, morristown (at) drinkingliberally.org
* First Thursday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* The Hop, 14 N Morris St
* Hosted by Jim Long, Chip Robinson, Dave Cochran and Linda Humphries, dovernj (at) drinkingliberally.org
New Brunswick, New Jersey
* Second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* Doll's Place, 101 Paterson St (corner of Paterson & Joyce Kilmer)
* Hosted by Bob Scardapane and Chris Swasey, newbrunswick (at) drinkingliberally.org
Pennsauken, New Jersey
* First and third Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* Kings Row Sports Bar and Billiards, 6030 S Crescent Blvd (Route 130 N)
* Hosted by Art Williams and Denise Williams, pennsauken (at) drinkingliberally.org
Toms River, New Jersey
* First Tuesday of each month, 8:00 pm onward
* Joshua Huddy Brew Pub, 1250 Hooper Ave (across from Ocean County Mall)
* Hosted by Robin Kinlin and Ian Valentine, tomsriver (at) drinkingliberally.org