NEW JERSEY FOCUS: Blogs, Blue Jersey Radio, Impeachment, Groups and Events
NEW JERSEY BLOGGING: Blue Jersey is a great source for the latest in New Jersey politics.
Every Saturday Morning: Blue Jersey Radio
Saturdays 10:30 - 11:00
Listen Live every Saturday morning from 10:30a-11:00a - or download the podcast anytime to listen to the latest hot topics, gossip and opinion on New Jersey politics with hosts Jeff Gardner and Jay Lassiter.
Click here to listen!
WEEKLY JERSEY CITY ANTI-WAR RALLY
Jersey City Peace Movement is calling for an ANTI-WAR Vigil and Flyering from
12 noon till 1pm
at Journal Square's Fountain.
(Take PATH train from NYC to Journal Square)
Bring PEACE posters, buttons and a friend!
Bring flyers from YOUR peace and justice organization!
Spread the Word!
Weekly Impeachment Rally in Butler City:
Support your country 4:30-6:30 p.m. every Monday on Highway 23 North in Butler!
Bring your HONK 2 IMPEACH! signs and flags to the Butler footbridge that spans over Highway 23. We display our signs and flags from the footbridge and along the highway. Be sure to bring water and a sun hat! Directions are easy: click Intersection of Cascade Way & State Rte. 23 North, Butler, NJ 07405. When you approach driving northbound, there will be a traffic light with Cascade Way on the southbound side of the highway. Be in the right lane, go through the intersection and turn right immediately into a small parking area. There's a safe grassy place where we can stand along the highway, in addition to the footbridge where we hang our huge sign. We don't show when it rains. See YOU Monday afternoon! Contact Vigil Organizer
New Jersey for Democracy:
Here are the local Democracy for America groups in New Jersey:
North Jersey -
Ethical Culture Society
687 Larch Ave
Teaneck, NJ 07666
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/bergen
Cryan's Beef & Ale House
24 First Street
South Orange, NJ 07079
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/essex
The Hard Grove Cafe
319 Grove St.
Jersey City, NJ 07302
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/hudson
(First Wednesday of the Month, 7:30pm)
Morris County Democratic Headquarters
11 Washington St
Morristown, NJ 07960
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/morris
Puzo's Restaurant (Upstairs)
4 Garfield Ave.
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/passaic
(First Thursday of the Month)
Rockin Joe Cafe
20 Prospect Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
RSVP at Union Meetup
MS Health Software Corp
605 Grand Ave.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/nwnj
Central Jersey -
Friendly Grounds Coffee
36 Mine St.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/hunterdon
Carl A Fields Center
86 Olden Street
(Corner of Olden St and Prospect Ave on Princeton Univ campus)
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/mercercounty
(please check DFA-Link for schedule)
1551 Route 1 South
Edison, NJ 08837
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/middlesexNJ
107 Oakland St. (at the train station at Bridge Ave.)
Red Bank, NJ
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/monmouth
Somerset County Complex
40 North Bridge St. (off of High)
RSVP at Somerset Meetup
(Second or Third Tuesday of the Month)
South Jersey -
Haddon Township Library
15 MacArthur Blvd
Westmont, NJ 08108
RSVP at Progressive Democracy South Jersey
4th Tues. of month
RSVP at Democracy for Gloucester County
(Please check DFA-Link for date & location)
Joshua Huddy Brew Pub and Grill
1250 Hooper Ave.
RSVP at www.dfalink.com/oceancounty
(First Tuesday of the Month)
Cape May County Federation of Democratic Women Meeting
Sam DiVico Senior Center
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Join the Cape May County Federation of Democratic Women to discuss important local, state and federal issues. All are encouraged to join!
2nd Thursday of every month.
Sam DiVico Senior Center
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
For more information, please contact:
For the more social and fun-oriented (and booze oriented), there's Drinking Liberally. Here are the New Jersey Drinking Liberally Chapters:
Hillsborough, New Jersey
* Second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 8:00 pm onward
* Petrock's Bar and Grill, 419 Amwell Rd (at Amwell and 206)
* Hosted by Matthew Dawson, hillsborough (at) drinkingliberally.org
Montclair, New Jersey
* Second Thursday of each month, 7:30 pm onward
* Just Jake's, 30 Park Street (b/t Bloomfield & Claremont)
* We meet in the REAR DINING ROOM. Turn left after entering, go past the juke box, bar and W.C.
* Ample parking in municipal lot next to Just Jake's (free after 7 pm)
* ** Mtclair DL ON THE ROAD, TUES, NOV 13, from 8PM at PAUL'S BAR & BOWLING, 377 CROOKS AVE, PATERSON, NJ (973) 278-1982 http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10780514 **THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL MEETING, WE STILL HAVE OUR USUAL 2nd THURSDAY
* Hosted by Kevin Kelly and Dan Evans Farkas, montclair (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Third Thursday of each month, 8:00 pm onwards
* Hennessey's Tavern, 140 Morris St (Corner of Elm & Morris, next to the train station)
* There's plenty of public parking behind train station or on Elm Street.
* Come on by & raise a pint with other fun loving local progressive's! Hope to see you there...
* Hosted by Jim Long, Chip Robinson, David Cochran and Linda Humphries, morristown (at) drinkingliberally.org
* First Thursday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* The Hop, 14 N Morris St
* Hosted by Jim Long, Chip Robinson, Dave Cochran and Linda Humphries, dovernj (at) drinkingliberally.org
New Brunswick, New Jersey
* Second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* Doll's Place, 101 Paterson St (corner of Paterson & Joyce Kilmer)
* Hosted by Bob Scardapane and Chris Swasey, newbrunswick (at) drinkingliberally.org
Pennsauken, New Jersey
* First and third Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm onward
* Kings Row Sports Bar and Billiards, 6030 S Crescent Blvd (Route 130 N)
* Hosted by Art Williams and Denise Williams, pennsauken (at) drinkingliberally.org
Toms River, New Jersey
* First Tuesday of each month, 8:00 pm onward
* Joshua Huddy Brew Pub, 1250 Hooper Ave (across from Ocean County Mall)
* Hosted by Robin Kinlin and Ian Valentine, tomsriver (at) drinkingliberally.org