.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, November 18, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 96: KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND (New York)

    Kirsten Gillibrand won in a district that was considered unwinable. When I first started pushing NY State as a state where we could pick up many Congressional seats, few people seemed to agree with me. Gillibrand won one of those seats that I emphasized. Here is what she has to say:

    Dear Friends,

    It is with tremendous honor that I write to you to express my gratitude for your incredible friendship, support and commitment to our efforts. Because of your support, we turned a very Red seat to Blue. Because of your generosity, NY-20 was the 15th seat won on Election Day, officially shifting the balance of power and restoring the checks and balances to our government. Because of your faith in me, we built a campaign that compelled 53% of our district to support our vision for change. Because of your belief in Democracy, we have won a district that the pundits said could not be won.

    I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for me. I am so excited and honored to be going to Washington to represent the families of my district and to begin to turn this county back on the right direction - restoring fiscal discipline and reducing the deficit, ending our dependence on Middle East oil with energy independence legislation, lowering healthcare costs and fixing Medicare Part D, promoting tax cuts for the Middle Class including making college tuition tax deductible, reforming unfunded mandates and investing in education, supporting our troops and veterans with the benefits they have earned, and focusing on a new strategy for success in Iraq. With this new agenda for change, we can begin to give a voice to my district and to our great Nation.

    Please stay in touch during the next year - your support and encouragement have been incredibly valuable to me, and I am eternally grateful.


    Click here to go back to THOUGHTS section and Table of Contents for this issue.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home