.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, November 04, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 94: THOUGHTS

    Election day is coming up. So this issue is dedicated to looking at the two parties and how they differ...MARKEDLY differ. I will never say all Democrats and good and all Republicans are bad. Those who know me from other blogs know I often am fighting Democrats. But there is one very clear fact that I have seen throughout my life: Democrats are almost always better than Republicans. And this issue is dedicated to exploring why I feel that.

    Going into this election I feel for the fist time since Newt Gingrich played on the worst in Americans and rode to brief glory, that the nation is waking up to just how bad Republicans can be. I hope that feeling leads to a near sweep for Democrats. If not, well, there is still no question that the tide has been turning in our favor and I urge people to not be discouraged if things go badly. If things do go the way we hope they do, then we can celebrate, but our work will not be over. We will still be fighting Republican corruption, vote stealing, lies and bad policies every step of the way. Plus no matter what our own party does need reforming. So, win or lose, I will continue advocating for progressive reform both within the Democratic Party and throughout the nation. So...be active...vote...and stay tuned.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home