Reprise: A List of Democratic Accomplishments from the Coweta County, GA Democratic Party
The Democratic Party has been so successful in improving our lives, that sometimes people forget what we have accomplished that makes life better.
• The Democratic Party members are the people who brought you a minimum wage and the promise of prevailing local wages, 8-hour workday in a safe environment, unemployment benefits, and workers compensation when things go wrong.
• The Democratic programs of the Federal Home Loan Program, Water Quality Act, and Rural Electrification Act brought ownership of a home with utilities within reach of most of us.
• Democrats awarded veterans G. I. student benefits, home loans, and health care they so richly deserve.
• Democrats created plans, such as Head Start, Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Guaranteed Student Loan Program have helped us raise and educate our children.
• Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Securities and Exchange Act help us enjoy a secure old age.
• Democrats brought many of us our very right to vote in the Women’s Suffrage Amendment and Voting Rights Act of 1965.
We must continue to fight groups who are trying to destroy all of these benefits that we take for granted now.
A List of Democratic Accomplishments:
• 8-Hour Workday
• Social Security
• Minimum Wage Law
• G.I. Bill of Rights
• Marshall Plan
• Peace Corps
• Operation Head Start
• Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Voting Rights Act of 1965
• Water Quality Act
• Clean Air Act
• First Man on the Moon
• Women's Suffrage Amendment
• Workers Compensation Act
• Unemployment Compensation Act
• Rural Electrification Act
• Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
• Federal Home Loan Program
• Securities & Exchange Act
• Guaranteed Student Loan Program • Family and Medical Leave Act
• School Lunch Program
• Motor Voter Act
• 100,000 New police on U.S. streets
• Balanced budget in 1998 as a result of the Balanced Act 1993
• Davis-Bacon Act
People should be handed this list of Democratic accomplishments every time they go to the polls. And what are Republican accomplishments? The Iraq war. Watergate. Funding the Taliban. Oil dependence. The largest deficits in American history. Etc. To me the choice is clear.
BACK TO PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT NEWSLETTER MAIN PAGE