.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, December 16, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 100: THOUGHTS

    This week brought us one more House seat gain in an upset win for Ciro Rodriguez in the TX-23 race. This was not seen as a likely pick up, partly because Ciro was not the best campaigner. But last minute things clearly started looking up. Despite Ciro's seeming behind in polls, the DCCC poured in a huge amount of last-minute cash...and Ciro won quite solidly in the end. Ciro didn't just squeak by...he got 54% of the vote. Don't know what the DCCC saw that others weren't, but it is another indication that Dems are getting their acts together on all levels.

    This week also saw the illness of Tim Johnson, one of our Senators. He seems to be recovering well, thankfully.

    Been getting some more input regarding the format of the newsletter. Of course it has been contradictory input...so I will see what evolves naturally. Some want a much shorter newsletter, others like it just the way it is. Some want more humor, some don't see that as being necessary. So, I guess, I will mostly just keep doing what I feel like doing and hope it suits most people's needs!

    Traffic is about 40 hits per day, down from the election but up generally. NY remains my top readership location. California, a state I never really recruited in, is almost always second. After that Virginia combined with DC, followed by midwestern states. And, another unexpected, Texas shows up in the top readership list from time to time. If that keeps up, I may just have to focus more on Texas! NJ lags behind that.

    Let me remind you to try and take note of the ads from time to time and check out any that are of interest/use to you. I also welcome any further input as well as guest articles and will post events/groups you alert me to...with one caveat. Since I can keep track of my readers easier if they subscribe, guest articles and publicizing of events/groups on request will only apply if you are a subscriber. So please email me if you want to subscribe. Then let me know what events and groups are in your area and I'll get the word out!

    Here is this week's newsletter. Enjoy!

    TABLE OF CONTENTS:

    NANCY PELOSI'S 100 HOUR PLAN FOR CONGRESS

    ELMO PANICS WHITE HOUSE: Did Bert Put Him up to It?

    DEMOCRATIC CORRUPTION IN LOUISIANA

    MICHIGAN: Democratic Party Internships

    RENEW IOWA: Energy and Agriculture in the Heartland

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS IN THE MIDWEST

    REFORM IN THE AIR IN NY STATE

    BROOKLYN, NY: Abuse of Eminent Domain for a Very Ill-Conceived Development Plan

    NYC GROUPS AND EVENTS

    BECOMING A DELEGATE IN CALIFORNIA

    CALIFORNIA GROUPS AND EVENTS

    VIRGINIA/DC AREA GROUPS AND EVENTS

    NEW JERSEY GROUPS AND EVENTS

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home