.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, December 16, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 100: RENEW IOWA: Energy policy in Iowa

    Energy Independence and Local Energy Production mean local, American jobs as well as clean air. That is a theme you will hear from me often. Iowa is one of the places where farming and alternative energy come together. One organization that focuses on this union of farming and local, alternative energy is the Iowa Renewable Energy Association (I-Renew). From their website:

    Since 1992, I-RENEW has sponsored hands-on workshops to install solar and wind systems, powered the State Fair, schools and events with the Solar Traveler, our mobile renewable energy demonstration unit, and hosted the annual I-Renew Energy Expo, the areas largest event dedicated to renewable energy and energy efficiency.

    In addition to educational activities, I-Renew partners with other non-profit groups to support new policies encouraging renewable energy development. I-Renew also works with policy makers, government agencies and individuals to implement renewable energy programs. I-Renew members have played a major role in making Iowa a national leader in renewable energy.

    I-Renew depends on its members to support its educational programs. Members receive discounts to I-Renew workshops, a membership gift, a copy of the Iowa Sustainable Energy Sourcebook and a subscription to I-Renew's quarterly newsletter, Energy Matters, which features the latest news in renewable energy and energy efficiency.


    I-Renew has workshops for people who want to start their own renewable energy projects, has legislative updates and helps to advocate for renewable energy programs that benefit Iowa and all Americans. Please visit their website and check them out. Join up if it suits you.


    Click here to go back to THOUGHTS section and Table of Contents for this issue.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home