.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, December 09, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 99: THOUGHTS

    Well, I am trying to get a more final format going here. I will be doing ongoing analasys of where my readers are, but for now the largest concentrations are New York, California (an area I never focused on before!), Virginia/DC area, and Midwest (combined Michigan, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin). So those are likely to be my areas of focus unless something else comes up. As will be clear below, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Missouri are areas I may try to expand my readership. Oddly, my New Jersey readership seems to have become inactive. Used to hear from them often. Not so much anymore. So I will probably not focus on New Jersey much anymore unless I start hearing from that area again. I will say, that it has been a great 2 years to focus on New Jersey!

    In terms of how people come to this site, about equal numbers are subscribers, so get reminders from me, come from my diaries on Daily Kos, and come on their own via a search engine.

    My coverage of local events will probably be reduced. My goal will be to have my normal national coverage, a handful of more local news/issues that will appeal to one or more of my target regions, and have more or less static "Groups and Events" sections for each area to give people a resource to find out how to get involved. When I can I will add specific updated events for each region, but it is not clear to me that too many people are using that part of the newsletter. If people send me events to post (please tell me specifically you want it in this newsletter since I also blog for other sites) I will include them. And, I will remind people, that I also will eagerly consider guest articles as often as you want to send them to me!

    One suggestion I got over at We Democrats is that I should have more light hearted stuff to break up the serious stuff. I think I have only done that when I felt inspired...but as a more regular thing, I think it's a great idea. So, to start it off, how about Impeach Bush tatoos, for that REALLY dedicated Democrat you know: (thanks to Michael Boulding for this)







    Please keep giving me feedback. I need to know what YOU find useful.

    Finally, a word about the advertising. Some of it I include just because I want to publicize some really good organizations (like KIVA and Habitat for Humanity). Some actually pay me a little money, like the Google ads and search engine. So, don't hesitate to use the Google search bar at the top for your web searches, the Amazon link on the left side if you shop Amazon, or click on the Google Ads on the top or left side if they catch your eye, because I could use the tiny bit of extra income! It lends me just a tad extra incentive to keep doing this.


    TABLE OF CONTENTS:

    IT'S STILL THE ECONOMY STUPID! The Secret to Democratic Success

    LOSING TO RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS

    GLOBAL WARMING AND ENERGY POLICY

    VOTING REFORM

    REPUBLICANS POISONING AMERICANS

    UNION OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS STATEMENT ON ENERGY POLICY

    TERRORIST ATTACK IN IOWA

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS IN THE MIDWEST

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS AND EVENTS IN NYC

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS IN CALIFORNIA

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS IN VIRGINIA/DC AREA

    PROGRESSIVE GROUPS IN NEW JERSEY

    PREVIOUS ISSUE

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home