TAKE BACK RED CALIFORNIA
In this spirit, I would like to highlight the Take Back Red California project.
Take Back Red California (TBRC) is a grassroots partnership that connects northern California Democrats in urban counties with northern California Democratic activists working in rural counties especially on a local level. We formed with the conviction that in order to successfully challenge the Republican's foothold in inland California, our highest priority should be development of and aggressive support for an active local base of Democrats in rural counties.
The TBRC partnership offers rural counties financial, technical, and volunteer support to build a strong Democratic base and develop long-term Democratic political viability in predominately Republican-held districts.
We operate State and Federal Political Action Committees. TBRC Council members come from seventeen rural counties and five urban counties as of early 2010. The Council elects Officers and Committee Chairs. Red county activists on the Council drive the agenda with proposals for candidate support and develop- ment, party building projects, education, and training. Blue county activists develop resources in a variety of ways by hosting house parties and fundraisers, tabling at events, recruiting and organizing volunteers, and supporting cooperative training events. In this way we move resources from safe blue seats to red districts where they will go farther and make a difference to all Californians.
• We are grassroots Democrats from red and blue counties working in partnership to increase the number and participation of Democratic voters in Northern and Central California.
• We live in Republican-dominated ("red") counties, largely Democratic ("blue") counties, and mixed counties.
• We connect red county organizers with blue county resources in the form of funds, technology, trainings, and volunteers.
• Our goal is to win elections for Democrats from Congress to city and county non-partisan offices.
• On this site you will find links to Democratic campaigns, clubs, and committees in Northern California; articles and other resources important to understanding the region and its political makeup; information about volunteer opportunities, and other features to help get involved in this work.
• Please join us by clicking on Volunteer or Get Involved to give us your email and sign up to receive our newsletter, BackTalk, and to learn more about how you can help keep California “blue.”
You can join for only $10, a modest investment in California's future. This is how we can win this year and, even more importantly, create a better environment for bringing change to America's political system, energy infrastructure, and economy. Join them and get involved in winning ALL of California for working and middle class Democratic values.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 457-3914 or (916) 743-2782