.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, June 02, 2007

    Progressive Democrat Issue 124: PROTESTING BUSH

    This last week, Bush came to New Jersey to raise money for Republicans in that state. Which is, of course, something that is part of his job. But, as someone who is pissed as HELL at the complete BULLSHIT of Bush's presidency, and the lies and incompetence of his presidency, I want to PROTEST anytime he comes close to my NYC home. He screwed NYC when he refused to pay attention to the warnings of 9/11, he screwed NYC when he lied about the toxicity of the WTC smoke plume, condemning many of our SURVIVING firefighters to early deaths, and he screwed NYC each and every time he exploited 9/11 for his Iraq fiasco while letting bin Laden go.

    I am PISSED and I want to get back at him! So, when I heard about his little fundraising visit to New Jersey, I wished I could join in the protests, which I knew about early on and helped publicize in my own little way. But...My ability to go to neighboring states to protest is limited to about zero. So how does one protest Bush when one can't get to the protests? With money!

    We are kicking ass this year in fundraising. We have put THE FEAR into the Republicans because we are rivalling them in their ONE SINGLE ADVANTANGE: fundraising. So, in honor of Bush's visit, I created an ACT BLUE PAGE for New Jersey Congressional seats, and gave the initial donation.

    Now last year I was an early, WAY early, proponant of aiming for a sweep in my own New York State. People were skeptical at first, but in the end we won BIG in NY. Sure, we didn't sweep, but we won seats we never expeceted to win...though I started to expect we would win them before most people did. And people are predicting we have a shot at winning MORE NY State seats.

    Well, I am saying we can do for NJ in 2008 what we did for NY State in 2006: ROUTE the Republicans. I said it early in NY and was proven right. I am now saying it early for NJ...and expect to be proven wrong but intend to try just as hard as I did for NY.

    At a bare minimum we need to fight damned hard for NJ-5 and NJ-7. Ideally we should fight for each and every NJ Congressional seat. And I choose to honor Bush's visit to NJ as my excuse to initiate my SWEEP NJ effort in the hopes that it will be as successful as my "Sweep NY State" effort in 2006. Remember that early money can make the difference!

    Please donate. Please donate to say "Drop dead" to Bush. Please donate in memory of those who died in 9/11 because of Bush's failure to act on clear warnings. Pease donate because NOW is the time to show the right wing fanatics that their days are numbered.

    Thank you!

    Click here to go back to THOUGHTS section and Table of Contents for this issue.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home