.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, January 06, 2007

    Progressive Democrat Issue 103: NYC FOCUS: Voting Machines

    We continue to fight the good fight against DRE machines. I have written about this enough that I doubt I have to go into too much detail. You can read some of my earlier stuff if you want more on it. Or see the DFNYC site's discussion of the issue. For me the lack of a legal recount and the fact that the National Institute of Standards and Technology is warning against DRE machines is good enough to fight them.

    But here are some upcoming events in NYC where you can try out machines or testify to the Board of Elections about them:

    On January 11, 2007, at 5 PM, the New York City Board of Elections will host a public demonstration of the proposed new voting machines at Fordham University, Pope Auditorium (60th Street and Columbus Avenue).

    A large turnout by individual citizens and public officials will show that the public is watching! Join us in viewing the machines currently under consideration by our County Commissioners.

    On January 23, 2007, at 4 PM, the NYC Board of Elections will conduct a hearing at the Board offices at 42 Broadway, 6th floor, and the public is invited to attend and comment to the Board Commissioners on the proposed new voting machines.

    If you want to testify, you can contact me and I can hook you up with people organizing testimony. We need you to show up!


    Click here to go back to THOUGHTS section and Table of Contents for this issue.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home