.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, April 30, 2011

    Jessica King: New Leadership for Wisconsin

    This is one race we absolutely have to win. And if we win it, we will proud not just because we defeated a right wing anti-union extremist, but because we will have elected a fantastic, intelligent, progressive woman to the Wisconsin State Senate.



    I was a strong supporter of Jessica for State Senate last time she ran. And she nearly won. Now is the time to recall anti-Union Republican Hopper and elect a true progressive, Jessica King, to truly represent Wisconsin. She has also been strongly supported by Progressive Majority, an organization I greatly respect, since 2005.

    From Jessica King (via email):

    Northeast Wisconsin needs strong leaders who are willing to stand up for the working families and seniors who elected them. Unfortunately, Sen. Randy Hopper went to Madison and forgot the promises he made to the people of the 18th Senate District.

    In response to his role in stripping away the rights from thousands of local families, grassroots volunteers from across the district collected more than 22,500 recall petitions against Sen. Hopper. The message to Sen. Hopper was clear: You forgot the people you were elected to fight for, and now it's time for a change.

    As your State Senator, I will always remember that my first responsibility is to the people who elected me, and I will never stop fighting for the working families who make Northeast Wisconsin a place we are all proud to call home.

    Today, I'm asking for your support!...

    I was born in the 18th Senate District and raised as a ward of the state in foster care. I understand what it’s like to benefit directly from the programs and values that are under attack today. Without them, I wouldn’t have learned the importance of hard work and dedication that led me to return to Oshkosh after law school, where I opened a small business and fight for you on the city council.

    I believe in standing up for what’s right, and I carry that with me today – even if it means taking on the special interests. I was even labeled a “profile in courage” by the Oshkosh Northwestern for a vote I took on the city council, standing up to these same special interests. I will continue to protect working families from the special interests as your State Senator.

    I want to be your voice, and a voice for all working families in Wisconsin. But first, I need your help!

    Today, I proudly announce my candidacy for State Senate, and I humbly ask for your support!...

    After 3 years of failed leadership, it's time for a State Senator who will stand up and fight for the people they were elected to serve. I will be that State Senator!


    More on Jessica King from Daily Kos.

    To volunteer for Jessica's campaign, click here. Or visit her Facebook site.

    And donate if you can...this will be a key race!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home