Coweta County, GA Focus
From the Coweta Democratic Party
The Democratic Party has been so successful in improving our lives, that sometimes people forget what we have accomplished that makes life better.
• The Democratic Party members are the people who brought you a minimum wage and the promise of prevailing local wages, 8-hour workday in a safe environment, unemployment benefits, and workers compensation when things go wrong.
• The Democratic programs of the Federal Home Loan Program, Water Quality Act, and Rural Electrification Act brought ownership of a home with utilities within reach of most of us.
• Democrats awarded veterans G. I. student benefits, home loans, and health care they so richly deserve.
• Democrats created plans, such as Head Start, Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Guaranteed Student Loan Program have helped us raise and educate our children.
• Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Securities and Exchange Act help us enjoy a secure old age.
• Democrats brought many of us our very right to vote in the Women’s Suffrage Amendment and Voting Rights Act of 1965.
We must continue to fight groups who are trying to destroy all of these benefits that we take for granted now.
COWETA COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
The Coweta County, Georgia Democratic Party's regular monthly meeting is the first Saturday of every month at 10:00 am (come at 9:30 for breakfast) at the Westside Restaurant on Temple Avenue in downtown Newnan.
Find upcoming events from the Coweta County Democratic Party Calendar
You can also visit the facebook page for the Coweta County Democrats.
Fayette/Coweta Young Democrats of Georgia (FACEBOOK): official youth arm of the local Democratic Party. Members of the organization strive to make a positive difference in the community by working within the political process and upholding the principles of the Democratic Party. The membership base reflects the broad diversity of Georgia and the party, including high school students, college students, young workers, professionals and families. Join them on Facebook.
Chattahoochee Hill Country
Chattahoochee Hill Country (CHC) is a 65,000 acre area southeast of Atlanta. It is one of the last undeveloped and rural areas located within 30 minutes of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the busiest airport in the world. It includes rolling hills, streams, forests and farms and a population of about 3,000 people.
The residents of CHC want to retain the natural beauty of this unspoiled area, yet realize that development is inevitable. We seek two goals: to preserve our rural vistas and heritage (about 60% of the land) and to concentrate sustainable development primarily along South Fulton Parkway, the major connection with Atlanta.
“There is no heavier burden than a great opportunity.”
We have the opportunity to “do it right” by preserving natural resources and creating communities which will enrich future generations of residents. We know we do not want suburban sprawl which contributes to global climate change and which hinders the building to real community.
Hours spent driving from one place to another prevents people from being neighbors and establishing friendships within the community. Part of our CHC rural heritage is “neighbor helping neighbor.” As new neighborhoods are developed, we would like that heritage transformed to “neighbors being friends with neighbors.”
Learn more about CHC Communities here.
Check out their many projects in Coweta County here.
BACK TO PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT NEWSLETTER MAIN PAGE