Manhattan, NY Focus
Bloomberg Incompetence: Bloomberg admits payroll system a disaster; has no idea who is in charge
Comptroller John Liu is "decidedly more pessimistic" than Mayor Bloomberg about the city's economic outlook.
NYC Corruption: Ex-Building Inspector Charged With Selling Training Certificates
Bloomberg's money was able to buy scandal silence
Pork-fund scandals overshadow Quinn's sweeping change
Some Living Liberally groups: Progressive Action Through Social Interaction
Reading Liberally NYC Classics
"Saving Democracy One Book at a Time"
A Liberal Book Club at a cool bar
Third Monday of each month, 6:30 pm
140 east 27th st in the backroom
New York, NY, 10016
Eating Liberally Manhattan
Food and Good Politics Mix
Eating Liberally meets every month -- with food, guest speakers, films, discussions -- though not on a consistent night
Location: The Tank, 354 W. 45th Street (between 8th and 9th.)
For more info: Contact the chapter leaders
The Original Drinking Liberally
"Promoting Democracy on Pint at a Time"
* When? Every Thursday of each month, 7:30 pm
* Where? Rudy's Bar & Grill, 627 9th Ave (between 44th and 45th)
Drinking Liberally Steps Out
* When? Third Tuesday of each month, 7:00 pm
* Where? XES Lounge, 157 West 24th St (Between 6th and 7th Avenue)
Greenwich Village Drinking Liberally
* When? First Tuesday of each month, 6:00 pm
* Where? Le Poisson Rouge, 158 Bleecker Street (between Thompson and Sullivan)
Washington Heights Drinking Liberally
* When? Last Sunday of each month, 6:30 pm
* Where? Coogan's, 4015 Broadway (at 168th Street)
Democracy for America Groups in Manhattan: Organizing the Left one Neighborhood at a Time.
These Meet the First Wednesday of every month.
Upper West Side - 7:00 pm, The Parlour (back room) - 250 West 86th Street (btwn B'way and West End Ave.), with hosts Bernadette Evangelist and Sally Swisher.
West Village - 7:00pm, Kettle of Fish, 59 Christopher St. (near 7th Ave.) with host Tracey Keij-Denton.