ILLINOIS FOCUS: Bill Foster, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events
Bill Foster is one of the Democrats most targeted by the Greedy Oil Party and so is top of my defense list. Meet Bill Foster (an ad from his special election):
Bill Foster has, in the short time he has been in Congress, been a strong advocate for our Veterans:
Rep. Foster often says that "we owe our veterans a debt we can never repay" because of the courage and sacrifice they have shown in defending our country. While we may never be able to fully repay our veterans for their service, we must strive to fully support them in every way possible. By introducing the National Family Relief Plan and supporting the new G.I. Bill, Rep. Foster has taken important steps in supporting those who serve...
Rep. Foster was proud to support the new G.I. Bill that was recently passed by Congress and signed into law. This bill provides substantial increases to education benefits for American soldiers and their families. Be sure to read the coverage of Rep. Foster's meeting with area veterans to discuss the legislation.
If you are in his district, please volunteer for Bill Foster.
Here are some Alternative Energy events in Illinois:
The Chicago Green Home Meetup Group
Meet other local people who are interested in making their homes environmentally friendly. As developers, designers, and brokers of Green Homes, we are a great resource to learn more about what you can do today to become more sustainable and green! Sign up to find out more about meetings.
Chicago Sustainable Development & New Urbanism Meetup Group
Meet other local people who are interested in Sustainable Development and New Urbanism.
Let's define what we mean by "sustainable," "energy-efficient," "green," etc. and then work toward making it happen here in Chicago! What are the building blocks of "sustainability?" What are the most important issues that need to be addressed? What issues are important to you when you look at your home, your neighborhood and your city? What actions can we take to effect true change that benefits everyone? We hope to answer these questions through conversations with local experts and other community members.
Let's work toward having more energy-efficient, healthy and "sustainable" options when looking for a new home. Let's create neighborhoods that are of human scale, cohesive and prepared for the future. Let's restore our urban fabric and communities!
Sign up to find out about meetings
Here are some Drinking Liberally groups in Illinois:
* Second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 7:00-9:00 pm
* Sheffield's, 3258 N Sheffield Ave (In the back room)
* Hosted by Greg Sasso and Jon Mclennand, chicago (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every other Tuesday, 8:30 pm onward
* O'Leary's Irish Pub, 260 E Lincoln Hwy (On the Corner of 3rd and Lincoln Hwy)
* Parking is available on 3rd St. in the public lot across the tracks.
* Hosted by Kevin Malone, dekalb (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every Wednesday, 7:00 pm onward
* The Celtic Knot, 626 Church St (Half block east of Orrington)
* For the upcoming holiday season we're not planning on meeting the week of Thanksgiving or during the month of December
* Hosted by Mark Foisy, Rich Heath and Adelaide Rowe, evanston (at) drinkingliberally.org
* First and third Friday of each month, 8:00pm onward
* Jack's Place, 425 15th St
* Stop on down and bring a friend!
* Hosted by Amy Holcomb and Rachel Griffiths, moline (at) drinkingliberally.org
* 2nd Sunday and 4th Tuesday of every month
* Quigley's Irish Pub, 43 E Jefferson Ave
* Hosted by Rich Wawronowicz and Tom Mikesell, naperville (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 6:30 pm onward
* Kelleher's Irish Pub, 619 SW Water St
* Hosted by Bill Poorman, peoria (at) drinkingliberally.org
* Every Thursday, 6:30 pm onward
* Brewhaus, 617 E Washington St (Between 6th & 7th)
* We also meet for Drinking Coffee Liberally the 1st & 3rd Saturday mornings of the month at Trout Lilly Cafe
* Hosted by Vera Mount, springfieldil (at) drinkingliberally.org