.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Friday, August 08, 2008

    Progressive Democrat Issue 179

    Last week I had a huge influx of readers interested in my piece on Eric Cantor. Seems I'm not the only one thinking McCain might just pick Cantor. I think it's a longshot, but possible.

    Things are getting very hectic personally. This may be the last newsletter for a few weeks or more. We will be on vacation in California for a couple of weeks and I will have Grand Jury duty after that. Plus work is exploding for me and Joy's dissertation is overdue. Even politically, I will need to put some extra effort into my friend, Devin Cohen's primary election September 9th.

    This week I tried updating as many of the local segments as I could plus add some extra stuff for NYC and Alaska readers. I also discuss more about the Anthrax case, something that is in danger of being swept under the carpet as everyone worries about John Edwards' affair. Big deal. Most of our best presidents had affairs. Hell, even Queen Elizabeth I had plenty of affairs.

    Of course there is also the Smog Olympics in Bejing...and a little, largely ignored war that has begun in the Caucuses.

    Here is this week's newsletter:

    TABLE OF CONTENTS:

    THE TRANS CAUCUS WAR

    ANTHRAX

    SPECIAL ALASKA FOCUS: Diane Benson for Congress

    SPECIAL NYC FOCUS: A Referendum on Mayoral Control

    MICHIGAN FOCUS

    GEORGIA FOCUS

    CALIFORNIA FOCUS

    VIRGINIA FOCUS

    NEW YORK STATE FOCUS

    ALASKA FOCUS

    MINNESOTA FOCUS

    PENNSYLVANIA FOCUS

    NORTH CAROLINA FOCUS

    OREGON FOCUS

    OHIO FOCUS

    FLORIDA FOCUS

    IOWA FOCUS

    MISSISSIPPI FOCUS

    ARIZONA FOCUS

    NEW JERSEY FOCUS


    WASHINGTON FOCUS


    WISCONSIN FOCUS

    TEXAS FOCUS

    ILLINOIS FOCUS

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home