.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Thursday, July 17, 2008

    Climate Change: Al Gore, Barack Obama, and You

    I'll keep it simple. I already discussed how the top NASA scientist in the field figures we have about one year to mitigate climate change. So let's DO something about it right now both as individuals and as a society.

    Al Gore's recent speech on Climate Change:



    Barack Obama on Climate Change:



    Here is a DETAILED description of how America can go 50-90% wind power by 2020. I think 90% is highly unlikely, but if this plan is combined with solar, methane (from agricultural waste and garbage dumps), hydroelectric, geothermal and some biofuels and some nuclear (existing plants maintained but no new ones) I think 75-90% of our power could be carbon free by that time. Again, let me emphasize to all investors out there: the only investments I currently have that are doing well are solar and wind energy stocks. I have already made money on stocks that skyrocketed and I cashed in and I have stocks that I am holding onto that are doing well. Now is the time to invest. Invest carefully, of course, since not all companies in ANY industry are equivalent. But alternative energy is probably the biggest (only?) growth industry in our near future.

    Also, as consumers, if you are ready to play a role in fixing what has been so royally messed up, we all can play a real role. Go here to find out more about what you can do. The time is now.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home