.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, May 03, 2008

    Progressive Democrat Issue 165

    This week was Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day. It also was the fifth aniversary of Bush's infamous "Mission Accomplished" speech. This aniversary was unique in that for the first time the Bush administration has admitted that the banner was a huge mistake...though John McCain blamed it on the military, excusing Bush for the fiasco. The Republicans are finally acknowledgig the dismal failure of "Mission Accomplished" but refuse to take the blame. Typical. Absolutely typical. Republicans wouldn't know responsibility if it bit them in the ass.

    On a personal note, I have a new article coming out (based on work I did more than two years ago!) in the current issue of Journal of Cell Biology (May 5th edition, already available online). I really need to get a paper out from my current lab, but it's nice that my old work is still yielding publications.

    Meanwhile I will be talking to Finnish journalists this weekend. They are writing a book on American politics and contacted me about New York politics. Hopefully I can be of some help to them. This will be my fourth international interview. First was a Spanish film crew from Canal+ who had me as one of about five main subjects of a documentary of opposition to Bush in 2004. Then came BBC radio having me on a call in show about the Islamic fundamentalist take over in Somalia (it wasn't my best moment on that show and I later turned down a second request to be on). Then came a BBC TV interview about Kiva.org. And now a Finnish team writing a book. Honestly, I don't know what I am doing that attracts such attention, but what the hell. Maybe I am doing something right.

    Here is this week's newsletter:

    Table of Contents:

    Mission Accomplished: 5 years later

    Sierra Club Calls on McCain to help AMERICANS, Not Oil Companies

    John McCain and Republican Party Tells Veterans to go to Hell

    Fair Elections in Ohio

    CALIFORNIA FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    NEW YORK FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Impeachment, Groups and Events

    PENNSYLVANIA FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Groups and Events

    WISCONSIN FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    NEW JERSEY FOCUS: Blue Jersey Radio, Impeachment, Groups and Events

    GEORGIA FOCUS: Veterans for Peace, Separation of Church and State, Groups and Events

    FLORIDA FOCUS: Christine Jennings, Joe Garcia, Groups and Events

    OHIO FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Groups and Events

    VIRGINIA FOCUS: Tom Perriello, Impeachment, Groups and Events

    TEXAS FOCUS: Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    NORTH CAROLINA FOCUS: Larry Kissell, Peace Vigils, Groups and Events

    ILLINOIS FOCUS: Peace Vigils, Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    ARIZONA FOCUS: Progressive Candidates, Groups and Events

    OREGON FOCUS: Neighborhood Leaders, Groups and Events

    MICHIGAN FOCUS: Groups and Events

    ALASKA FOCUS: Diane Benson, Groups and Events

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home