.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, January 19, 2008

    Progressive Democrat Issue 150

    Mostly focused on local politics these days and watching the Presidential primaries from afar. Still undecided!

    This week I highlight Bill O'Reilly's latest insult: denying the existence of some 200,000 homeless Veterans. For my NYC readers I highlight a very important attempt in the City Council to require permits for citizens to use devices that detect harmful materials in the air, water and soil. For my North Carolina readers I highlight a Democratic candidate for Congress, Marshall Adame, who is pissing off the mercenary firm Blackwater. I am urging people to support Marshall Adame for his willingness to challenge Blackwater. And I continue to highlight local events in all the states where I have had a good number of readers. Interestingly, Florida and Texas are joining New York and California as states where I have lots of readers.

    Here is this week's newsletter:

    TABLE OF CONTENTS:

    BILL O'REILLY INSULTS HOMELESS VETERANS

    REPUBLICAN TREASON: Former Congressman Indicted for Money Laudering for al-Qaeda

    NYC ACTION AND EVENTS

    NORTH CAROLINA FOCUS: Democratic Candidate Takes on Blackwater

    CALIFORNIA FOCUS: Climate, Groups and Events

    FLORIDA FOCUS: Groups and Events

    TEXAS FOCUS: Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    INDIANA FOCUS: Phonebanking, Groups and Events

    NEW JERSEY FOCUS: Blue Jersey Radio, Groups and Events

    PENNSYLVANIA FOCUS: Groups and Events

    VIRGINIA FOCUS: Impeachment, Groups and Events

    NEW HAMPSHIRE FOCUS: Groups and Events

    IOWA FOCUS: Alternative Energy, Groups and Events

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home