.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, April 21, 2007

    Progressive Democrat Issue 118: STATEN ISLAND FOCUS

    Some local organizers I know are looking into establishing a DFNYC chapter in Staten Island. I don't know what stage they are at, but if anyone is interested in joining a Staten Island chapter of DFNYC, please email me at mole333_at_gmail_dot_com and I will pass your name and email along.

    This kind of grassroots organizing is critical for Democratic politics. Currently there are no DFNYC chapters in Staten Island, quite an oversight!

    There also are no Drinking Liberally chapters in Staten Island. I don't know of anyone organizing one, but if anyone is interested, email me and maybe I can help get people together.

    For those who are interested in existing groups in Staten Island, I highlight a couple near the bottom of the "NYC Groups and Events" section of the Newsletter (just above the Bronx groups and events), but I reproduce them here:

    Young Democrats of Staten Island: The future of the Democratic Party in Staten Island!

    Staten Island African American Political Association: For more information, contact deb2badd –at- aol.com (replace –at- with @)

    For more Democratic Clubs in Staten Island, CLICK HERE.

    Click here to go back to THOUGHTS section and Table of Contents for this issue.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home