.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Sunday, March 18, 2007

    Progressive Democrat Issue 113: THOUGHTS

    This week I had the chance to meet John Kerry...and got the day wrong, so I missed it! Read about my son's take on it here. But coming up soon I will be reviewing the new book coming out March 26th by John Kerry and Teresa Heinz Kerry. The upshot is it is WELL worth buying and reading, though it may not grab you at once. By the third chapter I found I was referring to it frequently and thinking about it alot. More on that later.

    Some notes on the Presidential race in 2008. The Republicans continue to flail, with Veteran John McCain disliked by Veterans groups and Rudy Giuliani, the 9/11 candidate if there ever was one, completely vilified by the firefighters union. So far I just can't see any of the Republican candidates doing well. But a lot can happen!

    On the Democratic side I have seen such a fury of We Clark events and emails, that I have for some time been convinced he will declare soon. Mark my words. All calculations to date are about to be thrown into disarray by a Wes Clark announcement. Personally I am currently leaning Edwards or Obama, and somewhat underwhelmed by Hillary or Wes Clark, but overall I am impressed that ALL the Dems are so much better than ALL the Repubs. I feel all the Dems are qualified in their own ways and would do a good job. I just happen to think Edwards or Obama would do somewhat better. Even the worst of the Democratic Candidates, Biden, has been showing far more promise and spine than I had expected.

    So expect Clark's entry and let's just hope the Dems don't self destruct because for now it looks really good for us in 2008.

    TABLE OF CONTENTS:

    THE GLOBAL WARMING SWINDLE

    FIREFIGHTERS SAY HELL NO TO RUDY GIULIANI

    GETTING OUT OF IRAQ

    NEW HAMPSHIRE: Focusing on Iraq and Our Veterans

    NEW JERSEY GROUPS AND EVENTS

    NYC FOCUS: Getting out of Iraq

    NYC GROUPS AND EVENTS

    CALIFORNIA FOCUS: Volunteering in San Diego

    CALIFORNIA GROUPS AND EVENTS

    IOWA FOCUS: Democrats Working Hard and Keeping Promises

    INDIANA FOCUS: Jobs!

    MIDWEST GROUPS AND EVENTS

    VIRGINIA GROUPS AND EVENTS

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home