.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mole's Progressive Democrat

The Progressive Democrat Newsletter grew out of the frustration of the 2004 election. Originally intended for New York City progressives, its readership is now national. For anyone who wants to be alerted by email whenever this newsletter is updated (usually weekly), please send your email address and let me know what state you live in (so I can keep track of my readership).

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I am a research biologist in NYC. Married with two kids living in Brooklyn.

Google
  • Help end world hunger
  • Saturday, January 28, 2006

    Progressive Democrat Issue 62: TIME TO STOP ALITO NOW!

    Taken partly from Marjorie’s newsletter:

    "I am proud to join my friend, the senior Senator from Massachusetts, in taking a stand against this nomination. I know it is an uphill battle. I have heard many of my colleagues. I hear the arguments: Reserve your gunpowder for the future. What is the future if it changes so dramatically at this moment in time? What happens to those people who count on us to stand up and protect them now, not later, not at some future time?

    "This is the choice for the Court now. I reject those notions that there ought to somehow be some political calculus about the future. This impact is going to be now. This choice is now. This ideological direction is defined now." --John Kerry

    The Democrats are showing some spine and from California (Boxer and Fienstein) to Massachusetts (Kerry and Kennedy) and New York (Schumer and Clinton), Democratic Senators are starting to agree to filibuster. Your pressure is needed to encourage those committed to filibuster and to pressure those who aren’t to join with those who are. We also need you, whoever your Senators are, to write the media and express your support for a filibuster.

    Go to the People for the American Way website for more info and easy actions.

    Or go to the Democratic Party website.

    Tell your Senators to Oppse Alito!

    And, of course, write a letter to the editor saying why you oppose Alito.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home